What is a laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy?
An ovarian cystectomy is surgery to remove a cyst from your ovary. Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery technique that only uses a few small incisions in your lower abdomen.
What happens during this surgery?
Before surgery begins, you will be given anesthesia to sleep. A laparoscope – a thin tube with a camera on the end – is inserted into the abdomen, usually at the sight of your navel, through a small incision. Additional incisions will be made on your abdomen. Air will be used in the abdomen to create more space between your abdominal wall and internal organs. Surgical instruments will be used to remove the cyst. CT Nursing Home, is having the team of Best Laparoscopic Surgeon in Dhanori, Visit Now.
What are the risks?
This procedure has a small risk of:
- Possible need for removal of the ovary
- Bleeding during surgery, which may require a blood transfusion
- Infection of the bladder or surgical site
- Damage to surrounding organs (bladder, bowel, and ureters)
- Possible need for further surgery